Friday, March 10, 2017

Taking Memes and PowerPoints to the Next Level

Image result for technology in the classroom meme

For my Tech Creation, I decided to try to make a Nearpod which is an interactive PowerPoint. My supervising teacher created one and I saw the results of it in class this past week.


Students engage in the lesson when they have something interactive to do and I felt that the Nearpod took the typical PowerPoint lecture to the next level (and I do love PowerPoint). 



Image result for technology in the classroom meme


Of course, I always try to incorporate memes in my class so students stay interested as well :)    






Here is my Nearpod presentation for an introduction lesson to The Great Gatsby:  

https://share.nearpod.com/vsph/GGL78lcCNu


                    
Image result for technology in the classroom meme

6 comments:

  1. I loved your Nearpod presentation! I had never actually viewed/used one and it was easy to navigate and understand. I will have to try making one sometime! I remember reading the Great Gatsby in 9th grade but I have forgotten so much, I think I failed the quiz at the end. I guess I will have to read it again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nerd pad presentation is something else! I can definitely incorporate something like that into my classroom. Thank you for sharing one in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely love this idea! It makes PPT's much more practical and friendly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The memes are hilarious. I had never thought to use them in lesson before but I've been seeing them in demos and other classes lately and I see how they get students' attention. Also, nearpod was great! I had never heard of it before, but it's like a step up from PowerPoint and even Prezi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,

    You're nearpod presentation is so awesome! It's really cool, and you are right, students are more engaged when they interact with the presentation. Was it easy to use and was it fairly accessible?

    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your memes and the nearpod was engaging. I love how a Nearpod allows you to interact with your students an monitor their understanding.

    ReplyDelete